Two experts from the ERN GUARD-HEART and the Hospital Clínic of Barcelona in Spain will hold the seminar, which will take place on 23 April from 17.30 to 18.30 (CET). The purpose of the webinar is to provide clinicians with the most updated knowledge on how to manage patients affected both by inherited arrhythmia syndromes and COVID-19.
The webinar will give the floor to Arthur Wilde, Coordinator of ERN Guard-Heart, Professor in Cardiology and Head of the Department of Clinical and Experimental Cardiology (University of Amsterdam) and to Elena Arbelo, Cardiac Electrophysiologist at Hospital Clínic of Barcelona, Coordinator of the Cardiac Genetic Diseases and Sudden Arrhythmic Death Unit, Clinical professor of the Universitat de Barcelona. Attendees will then be able to ask questions to the speakers. The webinar will be recorded and available for off line vision afterwards.
In the context of the “COVID-19 Clinical Management Support System” launched by the European Commission, DG SANTE will organise a series of webinars to support clinicians and other healthcare professionals at the frontline of the care of COVID-19 patients. These webinars will bring the expertise and recommendations of several experts from the 24 ERNs in the management of challenging cases of patients suffering at the same time of COVID-19 and a rare or complex disease or conditions.
Agenda of the webinar and technical information on how to connect hereafter:
COVID19 CLINICIANS Network
Webinar series: COVID-19 and inherited arrhythmia syndromes
Thursday 23 April at 17:30 CET, Brussels time
The EU Covid19 Clinicians Network will host a live webinar, following this agenda:
17.30 – 17.35 Introduction and welcome
DG SANTE, European Commission
17.35 – 18.05 Keynote presentations:
Inherited arrhythmia syndromes and Covid19
- Arthur Wilde : Coordinator of ERN Guard-Heart, Professor in Cardiology and Head of the Department of Clinical and Experimental Cardiology (University of Amsterdam)
- Elena Arbelo: Cardiac Electrophysiologist at Hospital Clínic of Barcelona. Coordinator of the Cardiac Genetic Diseases and Sudden Arrhythmic Death Unit. Clinical professor of the Universitat de Barcelona
18.05 -18.30 Q&A
The floor will be open for participants to interact, discuss the revisions and provide comments on the presentation and initial results
Practical information to participate in this webinar
To join the Webinar, click on the link below:
Monday 23 April at 17.30 CET, Brussels time
Use the chat of this webinar to ask questions.
- your name, surname and organisation: this is
mandatory in order to participate. The moderator
The COVID19 CLINICIANS NETWORK TEAM
European Commission Health and Food Safety Directorate General Health systems, medical products and innovation Directorate
Unit B3 – European Reference Networks and Digital Health
More information: https://ec.europa.eu/health/ern/covid-19_en
reserves the right to expel any participant considered as spam.
-your email address
- meeting ID (access code) (if requested): 950 979 378
- password (if requested): no password required
Note: If you have never used this application before, you might be asked to install the Cisco WebEx add-on. Just follow the steps as indicated on your screen. You may need to ask your IT team to do it for you if you do not have administrator rights.
To connect to the audio of the webinar, you can choose among three options that will appear on your screen:
Call me: please click, enter your phone number and country as requested. The meeting will call you.
I will call in: you will call
More country numbers
- And type your meeting ID (access code): 950 979 378
Call using computer: you will need a headset.
Can’t join the meeting?
- Watch the tutorial How to join a WebEx meeting in French or in English
- Read the users’ guide Getting started Joining a WebEx Meeting.
- Contact us: SANTE-COVID-CLINICIANS-NETWORK@ec.europa.eu
We are looking forward to welcoming you online.
Disclaimer: Note on processing of personal data in the context of the webinar:
By registering and logging on to this Webinar, the participant agrees to the following:
- personally identifiable information of participants may be heard, seen, read, collected, or used by DG SANTE as the organizer and by the other Webinar participants;
- any communication or information transmitted during the Webinar, such as voice, instant messages, or presentations are available to and may be recorded and further used by DG SANTE as the organiser;
- DG SANTE may further use the information available on the Webinar organization such as the invitee lists, the attendee logs and the Webinar subject matter information.
This Webinar participants shall apply appropriate circumspection when directly disclosing their personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data on the occasion of the Webinar, since this information may be collected and used by other participants.
Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 regarding the processing of personal data is applicable in the context of this Webinar organized by DG SANTE as the Directorate-General of Health and Food Safety.